link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Cracked Eggs and Pucker Kisses | Priester Photography

Cracked Eggs and Pucker Kisses

I don't feel like scouring through more letters and whatnot from the past to blog about today, so instead I'm giving you some high school memories from the top of my head.

I don't know why I remember these particular events any more than any other event during those four years, but they are what surfaced on this morning while I was contemplating high school stupidity.

--I remember the smell of the cheeseburgers at lunch time. 
I'll sometimes get a whiff of one of those cheeseburgers they sell at gas stations in the foil wrappers and it makes me think of the school lunch room.
--I remember being in Mr. Ward's Biology class and being amazed at how Dawn W. had cut off her jeans and let them fray just a little bit at the ends.

I guess being a short person that struggled with too long jeans I found this to be a life-changing alternative to tight rolling my pants.

--I remember waiting in the hallway for the trade school bus with Dave, Travis and Manda and feeling sad that Dave and Travis were graduating that year without us.

--I remember braiding someone's hair in Literature class while watching classic movies.
--I remember carrying around an egg "baby" in child development class for a week and accidentally cracking mine when I leaned across a table with it in my pocket.
I would like to point out, Mrs. Robbins, that I have managed to keep three children alive and un-cracked (unless you count Mercede's broken nose when she was two...but she was not in my pocket) until the ages of 10, 12 and 14...so far.

Thank you very much.
--I don't remember who I shared lockers with, but I do remember that nothing ever fit in it and I was always pinching my fingers.

--I remember taking Child Development class because I knew I was going to have babies.

I didn't realize, of course, that I would have three in the space of four years, but at least I was thinking ahead.
--I remember someone telling me that a girl wanted to beat me up because I looked like Kessie and Kessie was dating her ex-boyfriend.
My head almost exploded trying to understand the reasoning behind this thought process.
The girl who wanted to pummel my face is now one of my clients.

--I remember begging people to drop me off at my house after school so I didn't have to ride the bus.

When I was a senior!!

How embarrassing. 
--I remember being so excited about my first kiss in the hallway (as a freshman *blush*) that I ran into Literature class and gushed to Vicky, "I got kissed!  I got kissed"!
And she said, all expectantly..."A french kiss?"
And I said, in a somewhat deflated manner..."Uh.  No.  Just a kiss."
And I knew at that moment that I would never live up to the expectations and demands of high school and resigned myself to the fact that I would then and forever be a nerd.
B

You can see these images in a different format here under "High School Softball".

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

I'm not sure why pretty girls look even prettier through a fence, but they do!

Lunsford said...

It's official, your blog rocks on the west coast too! Great pictures as always. I only took child development for an easy A, and I have to say that nothing I did in that class has helped me at all with my four kids that I had in 5 years. We had to carry around 5 lb bags of flour not eggs. Mine broke too. Good memories, so glad high school is over.

tammym said...

For the record, I am NOT the girl who wanted to beat you up in HS that is now your client.... I have never heard of Kessie. But, I wanted you to know that I had to think about it pretty hard to make sure :) lol Great shots.... pretty girls!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .