link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Cambridge vs. Spell Checker | Priester Photography

Cambridge vs. Spell Checker

Two blog posts in one day?
That's right!

I'm an editing machine.

Which means I also have to be a blogging machine.
The problem with this is that I don't really having anything to blog about.
In fact, I didn't really have anything to blog about in the post I just wrote.
Which is sort of why I wrote several random things instead of one concrete idea.
What if we pretend this blog post is like Seinfeld?

You know.

The show about nothing?
This is just the blog post about nothing.

Though that doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
Did I tell you about the time Matt said I remind him of Kramer the way I bust into our bedroom at night?
I think I did.

Bummer.
That story could've given me at least three lines of written word.

But I already used it up.
Here's what just happened...
I typed the above sentence which included the word "could've".
My spell checker underlined it in the red squiggle line which is usually an indication to me that I'm actually a 2nd grader in a 34 year old body.
I wrinkled my nose and said, "What?"

"Is "could've" not a word?"

"But I've been using it all this time!"

"What must people think?"

"I'm so ashamed!"

And then I sort of made my face all pouty and stared at "could've" so long that it started to look like a word that was written with a quill pen by an ancient Egyptian toddler on the skin of a snake which was then hung on the side of castle to dry in the Fantasia sun.

In other words, it didn't make sense.

And then I felt more and more stupid so I opened another tab and typed in "could've" in the search bar to find out how many other contraction challenged individuals there are in the world.

And then I found this!
What do you think about those apples, spell checker?

I'm pretty sure I would take the Cambridge dictionary's word for accuracy over yours any day.
They have their own college for crying out loud!

You're just a dumb old scribbled red line that likes to make me question my sanity.

I guess I only insult myself by letting you get to me.

Shame on me.

And shame on you.
I'm going to go snuggle in bed with my book now.
Thank you for bearing with me through this difficult time of blogger block.
Hopefully something very interesting will happen between now and my next post so I'll have something to write about.

Hopefully something that makes sense.
Because I'm sure you're sick of hearing me talk to inanimate objects.
I will drag this out no further...
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Abby Schlicher".

2 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

I'm a chemist so spell checker is always telling me I've spelled things wrong (or just made up words) but really I'm right. And I hate hate hate the grammar checker. Half the time it's wrong and the other half it's so confusing you can't even tell what it is that it things is wrong.

BTW I'm with you on could've. That's totally a word.

WSMIL said...

We all get your complaint against the spell checker! They don't understand the optometric words at all. It always says the words I've spelled correctly are wrong. Very frustrating.
Who knew blogger block would bring out a subject so near and dear to our heart;)

PS: thanks for 2 posts in one day, FAB!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .