link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Proof | Priester Photography

Proof

When I regaled you with the story of my handyman (woman) work I promised you pictures as proof that I actually accomplished what I proclaimed.

Here is that proof... 

This is the lamp I made by stuffing twinkle lights into a jar that used to sit on the front porch:
 I wanted something that wouldn't burn down the house because the girls' last experience with a lamp in their room ended when I walked in one morning to the smell of smoke due to tissues having been draped over the top of the lamp shade.

Granted, they were likely two and four years old at the time, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

This is Summer's bed: 
 This is Mercede's bed:
The next step is carpet removal to be replaced with hardwood and I need to make or purchase some baskets for under each bed for storage.

 This is the cork board memo station above Summer's bed:
They're actually cork mats for underneath potted plants, but when I saw them at Lowe's I knew I wanted them hanging on a wall.  We attached them with Command Hanging Strips, so no holes in the walls!

The little ones were on clearance for $.97 and the big ones were $2.00.  The other two sizes weren't on sale but it was still less than $15.00 for each grouping which is a success in my book.

This is a close up of the headboards:
We ripped boards off some old pallets that my brother brought home for me.

That was the hardest part.

Come to think of it, I should've taken video of the girls and I wielding hammers and crowbars like madwomen and sweating profusely while trying to extract rusty nails from water logged wood.

It was definitely a chore, but worth it.

This is the canvas art the kids and I created:
We shredded crayons onto the canvas in what we thought was an eye pleasing manner, and yes, I used my cheese shredder.  It washed off.

I then cranked the blow dryer up to high speed and blasted the under side until the little pieces melted.

The parts along the sides didn't want to melt (because they were sitting above a one inch piece of stretcher board that the canvas is wrapped around), so I turned on the broiler in the oven, squatted down and carefully rotated the canvas around and around under the broiler until it melted evenly on all the edges.

Visions of me being rushed to the emergency room with 3rd degree crayon burns or my house being engulfed in Crayola colored flames did enter my mind, but only briefly.

These are the picture frames I finally put pictures in:
 They had been hanging on the wall so long with the original advertising artwork in them that I had begun to think I had actually taken those photos.

I decided that one reason I hadn't added pictures to them was because I couldn't commit to any one (or four) picture(s).

This new setup allows me to change out each picture as I get the urge.

I like that.

It may be the one area in my life where I'll actually be spontaneous.
 Throw caution to the wind and stick any old picture in that bull dog clip!

I'm so adventurous.
I was going to take pictures of the "72 Hour" disaster preparedness buckets that the kids and I put together as well but that was pretty boring so you'll just have to imagine it.

Four buckets with one gallon of water each, some first aid supplies, flashlights, matches, toothpaste, and a few other miscellaneous things.

While we aren't ready for another inland hurricane yet, we're well on our way to getting there.

I hope you enjoyed the tour.

Let's hope the hubs doesn't have to go away for four days again anytime soon.

My body needs time to recuperate. 
B

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

I love you! This was so great, and I'm so happy to see people we know in the hallway. Instead of those people in wedding attire who I kept asking myself why don't I recognize them;)
Again, you ROCK!

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL job! It all looks so great that I can't pick out one thing to tell you looks best!

Anonymous said...

The pillow i gave Mercede is laying on her bed!!! LOL. Now, I love her even more!:)


---Madison---

Grandma LaVena said...

You probably have the happiest girls in the world. I'm sure they have a big fat smile shining on those beautiful faces. Love the headboards.
You have been an inspiration to me again.

Love grandma

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .