link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Sister Humor | Priester Photography

Sister Humor

This is going to be all over the place (is that new?), so bear with me.

The results came in and I don't have cancer!

*sigh of relief*
For those of you who are confused by this statement I will give you the shortened version...
I can't hear out of my left ear.

I went to the doctor.

He discovered that my left adenoid was unusually large and "strange looking" (not related to the deafness issue) and recommended a biopsy.
I hemmed and hawed, fussed and waited, and then put it off for as long as I could mentally stand it because that's what one does when one thinks it's a possibility they have cancer growing steadily in their brain area.
Or at least that's what I do.

(I know, I know, I'm one scoop short of a banana split.)

I finally scheduled the biopsy which is actually an adenoidectomy (they removed my adenoids to biopsy them).
I had never been "put under" and I don't do well with medication (ibuprofen is the hardest drug I can tolerate), so I was a little nervous, but everything went well and I'm fully recovered.
One week later the results came in.

This turned out to be one day before the on-location wedding I was scheduled to shoot that I posted about here.
So not only was I thrilled that I didn't have cancer, but I was also relieved that I didn't have to attempt shooting an on-location wedding after having just discovered that there was cancer in my head.
Can you imagine?

Who knows...those pictures may have turned out to be my best work yet.

Hopefully we'll never know what my work would look like if it was shot directly after my discovery that I had a serious medical condition.
You know those plastic cups with the straws that are double walled for insulation that are like $9?

I've bought three of them (at separate times).
And I've successfully broken all three of them within two days of their purchase date.

The last one having been broken as I walked into the doctor's office to get my biopsy results.
After I received the news about my cancer free state I texted my sister to let her know.

This is how that conversation went...
Me:  My adenoids are cancer free!

Sister:  Yay!!!!!
Me:  And I already broke my cup.
Sister:  :(  Well.  At least you don't have cancer.
Me:  True.  It's the little things, isn't it?

Obviously we're no Lucy and Ethel, but I think if we polished up our act we may be able to take it on the road.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Byerly Baby".

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

I'm not sure it really needs polishing before it goes on the road:) I think you two could go for it and be a big hit;)

Derek said...

We're all very happy to hear you don't have cancer of the head. But honestly, it would have helped explain your brain "condition".

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .