link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Brandi Priester--Ant-Slayer | Priester Photography

Brandi Priester--Ant-Slayer



We have an ant problem in our kitchen.

Last summer we used Terro Ant Killer.
They supposedly carry it back to the nest, eat it, and then die a hopefully quick and painless death.

It seemed to work for a few days.
And then they came back with a vengeance. 

If you squished one you could smell the Terro.  I'm not even kidding.
They apparently ate the poison, died, came back to life, and then came back to my kitchen sink to mock me even as they paid for it with their very life (as I'm sure they can't come back to life after having been mashed into the counter top...or can they?).
I recently tried a new approach which involved Boric Acid, sugar and water.

This is supposed to work in a similar manner as the Terro.
The first night?

Success!
They lapped it up (if ants lap), marched out looking all happy with themselves and were gone for two whole days.
And now they're back.

Of course.
But this time they're doing something really weird.

They're huddled in big piles in various spots on the counter.
It seems like they're dead because they aren't moving, but if you blow on them or bang on the counter they start running around frantically.
My counters are completely clean, but some of them appear to be investigating the corners where the drywall and counter meet and some are convening around the bases of my wine bottles.
I think they're plotting.

Either that or this is some mind game they're playing just to confuse me as a last ditch effort to save the colony.
Frankly, at this point I feel like a mix between a lumbering, heartless giant, a chemical engineer and a drooling psychopath that goes around smashing helpless insects for entertainment.
Help.

Before they carry me off in my sleep.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Baby Castyn."

2 comments:

Tammy M said...

Terro killed my crazy ants. I used the stuff from Ward's Farm Center, Liquid Ant Baits. They have been gone for a couple weeks now. But, when I first put the baits out I was worried that they would carry ME away in my sleep. And that, judging by the picture above, would take a LOT of ants. Love the pictures, Brandi. Thank you, again. And, see you in a couple of months :)

WSMIL said...

Love that last pic! Too cute:) I've heard wiping down your counters with a 50/50 of white vinegar and water several times a day is supposed to help. But I have no proof it does, sorry.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .