link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Are bears sweaty? | Priester Photography

Are bears sweaty?

Summer has arrived.
I know because I have a sunburn on my shoulders.

And I'm sweaty.
Which is why I don't particularly love the summer season.
For me, it equals more work.

(Which is okay, because I love my job, but I love it more when I'm not doing it in the summertime.)

Everything is green, kids are out of school, and people want pictures.





They want family pictures and baby pictures and senior pictures and they want to get married.




In August.




In 100 degree heat with 100% humidity.



Which is okay for most people, because most people are calm, collected and rarely sweat.

 But I, on the other hand, am spastic, uncollected and I sweat.
A lot.

And even more so when I'm working.

I always wished I could be one those girls that glows rather than sweats, but noooooo.

We're talking rivulets people.

Rivulets of sweat.


Not to mention the fact that my face gets all red and blotchy when I'm hot.

So picture me in a tank top, capris and flip flops with my hair in a ponytail, minimal makeup and sweat dripping down my face that has become red and splotchy.

It's very attractive.
If you think about it, it's pretty amazing that I manage to get decent shots of the little ones in the summer because in their eyes I probably look like some kind of sweaty, red-faced, blabbering orangutan lumbering around with a black box dangling from its face while it claps and spews monkey noises in their direction.
I guess it's a little known fact that children enjoy being entertained by sweaty primates.

It probably has something to do with the common thread in their lack of ability to control bodily fluids.

Toddlers can relate to my situation.

Thank you toddlers.

I appreciate it.
Summer is fine.  It has it's own good points like swimming and hiking and camping and picnics, but I look forward to winter.

When I can bundle up in a blanket by the fire.
And hibernate like a bear.

A very non-sweaty bear.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Smith Family".

5 comments:

Tammy M said...

I agree. With all of this. I hate to sweat. And I do it when I'm hot. And when I'm nervous. And when I'm mad. But, mostly when I'm HOT!! Ugh. And, don't even get me STARTED on HUMIDITY ;( GRRRRR. I have such good hair in the spring, winter & fall. I do enjoy the fun in the sun, but not as much as I enjoy good hair :) Great pics!! Can't wait for our turn!!

Anonymous said...

Amen sista! I hate summer! The only way I would enjoy it is if I could be in the water the entire time, and let's face it that can't happen.... Bring on winter.

WSMIL said...

There is a reason we decided to get married in March:) (if only you had been doing photos then) I knew the down side of being a August bride! That or I couldn't wait I was so crazy about my man, yep it could be that;) Great pictures! What an adorable child.

PS: And I totally agree with Tammy about the whole HUMIDIY issue!

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget your sunburn in the 7th grade. I've still not seen another like it... ;-)

Manda

Derek said...

Totally!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .