link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Childlike Tendencies | Priester Photography

Childlike Tendencies

So one day last week I decided I needed to shoot something different.
 I came to this conclusion at 2:00 in the afternoon.
 I told Mercede, Summer and the friend they had over (Ashley) my idea.
 They seemed perfectly psyched to try it.
 We managed to dig up five old dresses that were in the "donate" pile that would work for our purposes.
 I sent a text to Mariah and Bree with an invitation to have pictures made in dresses while jumping on a trampoline if they could be ready before sunset.
 That was all I had to say.

They were in.
 We did hair and makeup at 4:00 and started shooting at 5:30.
 We shot and laughed and almost peed our pants (that was me) and shot some more.
 They would jump and I would yell things like:
 "Do that again but point your toes!"
 Or, "Jump higher!"
 And "One more time!", "One more time!", "One more time!"
 And "You're a ballerina!  Think ballerina!" 
 But the statements I ended up yelling the most often were,
 "Close your mouth!"
 "Do that again with your mouth closed!"
 And, "Shut your mouth!"
 Apparently it's quite difficult to jump on a trampoline in a prom dress while trying to look ballerina-esque AND keep your mouth closed.
 Since that wasn't hard enough we decided to take a break, eat some pizza and then bring out the water hose.
 I was told that the water was very cold.
 But I can't confirm because it stayed far, far away from me and my camera.
 They were probably just being wimpy.

Girls.
 I think we achieved some stunning results for such an impromptu session with girls who aren't models in dresses that aren't designer, with makeup applied by their mother and each other all in the space of about four hours.
 At least I'm very happy with the results and I guess that's all that matters.
 Which brings us to the question, "Why would I want pictures of girls jumping on a trampoline?"
 The answer?
 Because I'm childlike.
 I think it's common knowledge that children learn while they play.
 I like to learn new editing techniques and brush up on my shooting skills, but I don't like to do that with my clients (most of the time) lest something go terribly wrong.
 So I play.
 And I learn while I play.
 Because I'm like a child.
 But I'm okay with that.
 Because I have fun.
 And my daughters have fun.
 And their friends have fun.
 And I get to laugh until I almost pee my pants.
 And I get to see the sun set through my viewfinder.
And I end up with pictures like these.

Which makes me very, very happy.
B

PS--If you know someone who needs to sell a line of clothing, or shoes or hats or pretty much anything, please send them my way, because I think shots like this would be a great way to advertise clothes.  Just sayin'.

16 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

Wow! These turned out so cool!

Ashley said...

These are so cool! Thank you so much B!

Merna said...

They turned out AMAZING! I cant decide what one is my favorite...but #3 & #9 are so cool. It was a blast ;)

Tammy M said...

I think these are my favorite pics you have taken so far :) You have beautiful daughters & they have beautiful friends. I love this idea.... maybe if Corey & Kyn ever tie the knot we can have shots of her like this in a wedding dress...... AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

wowzer!!!! these are FAB

Bumble-Bree said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-mazing!B, if you can make me look in....in a 6 year old prom dress, while wet, with makeup smeared, at night, on a trampoline....by George I think you can do anything. :D It was so much fun! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Talk about expressionism.....You and the girls have made an incredible connection...These are some of your best work. Hard to say that because your history of greatness is famous. Stunning......

Tabitha said...

those are amazing!!! you are so creative and talented!!!

Anonymous said...

A M A Z I N G ! Ok... so to completely make sure you don't fit through your door, your head's going to have to accept the fact that it's the most creative head in all of Missouri, not just Fredericktown. Manda

Susan Sinks said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The "do that with your mouth closed" part, I totally get because all along I'm thinking, "how does one jump on a trampoline without smiling?!"

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM!!!! Thanks mom! Your SOOOO good at taking pictures!

Sadie

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOO cooool Brandi keep up the good work!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures!!! What an awesome idea! The girls all look wonderful--good job everyone! :)

WSMIL said...

A couple of these shots need wings added to them:)
Gorgeous pics, really some of your best work. But did you have to make my babies look so old;)

Anonymous said...

Great work B, your going to end up going to high places. What fun for teenagers. Which could model.

Tammy said...

AT&T guy couldn't believe Ash was only 13...I took my phone away from him!!!lol.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .