link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Classy Sheets | Priester Photography

Classy Sheets

We are picky when it comes to our sheets.

We have a pair of sheets that we love that are the perfect amount of cool and lightweight but the tag wore off and I can't remember where I bought them or what the thread count was.
I bought an expensive (to me) set for about $70 at Macy's about a year ago that I thought would make us happy.

You get what you pay for right?

Wrong.
They are horrible sheets.

We use them because I paid "good" money for them, but we hate them.

They're like 800 thread count and they're so thick that they don't breath and they don't lay lightly over your body and fold into all the creases like a good sheet should.
They pretty much just lay stiffly over the top of us, refusing to conform.

My sheets need to conform!
Needless to say I've been on a massive search for nice, lightweight sheets (that will conform) that won't break the bank.
And yesterday I found them.

At Wal-Mart.

Turns out I had been looking at sheets that were too well made the whole time.
The sheets I bought yesterday were 300 count for $30 and one set of 250 count for $21 (queen size).

I washed them both up and we used the 300 thread count set last night.
One word:  heaven.
I went back today and bought two more sets.
Though we haven't tried the 250 thread count set yet, it's okay if we don't like them because London has a queen bed so we'll just make him use them.

(Is that child abuse?)
I am in sheet bliss, people.

Over 300 thread count sheets.

Does that make me trashy?
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Liam One Year".

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Your sheets should make you happy! We have two pair of 600 thread count one of which we dearly love and the other we hate. So you can't even count on the thread count, which you would think you could. Thank you so much for bringing this much needed topic to light:)

Anonymous said...

I agree. Thread count of what kind of cotton? Cotton quality varies. So touch is important. You can spin and thread count but FEEL is the kicker. I have accidently found some fab ones (now on the dying list) at Tuesday Morning. Now I don't have that option. So good to know.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .