link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Preparation B | Priester Photography

Preparation B

So you know you're supposed to have an emergency kit in your car, right?

Right.

Do you?

Most likely not.
Why not?

Because a lot of people think preparation equals worry, fear or weakness.

The actuality is that preparation prevents those feelings.

And of course, it's usually the "anti-preparation" people that inevitably need a band-aid, a tissue, jumper cables or a sewing kit.

 I simply hand them what they need and walk away with a little bit of pep in my step (and a smidgen of pride) because I was able to help someone out due to a little forethought.
So...a lot of people think emergency kits are uncool.

Well, guess what.  I'm nothing if not uncool, so I have an emergency kit in my car.

Actually, I've had one for as long as I can remember but this last week I updated and upgraded it.
Here's what I put in it...in case you would like to make one for your own car (or more likely so you'll know what you can borrow off of me in the event of an "emergency").
I put it in a nice little plastic tote that has clips on the side to keep it closed and contained but you could also keep it in a nice backpack that you could easily carry with you if you were forced to hoof it.

The contents:

--two bottles of water (in case I get thirsty)

--two small packages of tissues  (in case I'm sad)

--a paper tablet (in case I need to write my last will and testament)

--a pen and pencil (see above)

--a permanent marker (in case I need to write indelibly)
--a bottle of ibuprofen (in case my arthritis acts up)

--matches and a lighter (in case I need to light a torch in order to trudge my way out of dank, dark woods or in case I'm attending a concert)

--four little candles  (in case I want to roast a marshmallow (or four))

--a flashlight  (in case the matches and/or lighter won't work)
--a sewing kit (in case I split my pants)

--scissors  (in case I need to perform surgery on someone)

--four granola bars  (in case I'm hungry)

--four peanut butter and crackers  (see above)

--four packages of fruit gummies (for the kids in case I eat all of the above)
--sunblock  (in case the car brakes down in the middle of the Mojave Desert)

--lotion  (in case my skin starts acting like that girl's on the commercial with the alligator)

--feminine products (giggle)

--baby wipes  (in case I'm nearly involved in a car accident)
--band-aids  (in case I get a boo-boo)

--tweezers  (in case I have a rogue eyebrow hair)

--antibacterial cream  (in case I get a hang nail)

--a blanket  (in case I need a nap)
--zip ties (in case I need to restrain someone and throw them in my trunk)

--q-tips (in case I have an emergency case of ear wax buildup) 
--a little cash money and change (in case I'm at a drive by yard sale with no money in my wallet)

(You would be surprised how many times this has happened.)

--safety pins (in case I need to pin something cautiously)
--a bible (for some light reading)

--deodorant (in case I stink)

and 

--chapstick (in case I'm in the need for some lip smackin')

Of course I have jumper cables, some fix-a-flat and a spare tire with the tools, but that's all in little spot in the trunk.

We have actually used this kit on numerous occasions (and not just for other people), and I'm always glad it's there to fall back on.

I'm sure there are a few more things I'm lacking that I'll eventually remember and add later.

I just hope I remember it while I'm here in the comfort of my own home rather than being stranded on the side of the road and kicking myself for not having a  (insert ridiculous thing no one would ever have in their emergency kit).

Just call me...da,da, da-da!  Preparation B!

Wait.

Skip that.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Morton Girls".

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

I didn't even have a ice scrapper yesterday when I needed one:) I guess I will have to take a page from my ever prepared daughter-n-law.

Beautiful children!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .