link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> You Say Canada I Say Canadia... | Priester Photography

You Say Canada I Say Canadia...



I made a new friend last week.

She's from Canada.
I had never met anyone from Canada before and I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't sound like a female version of Wayne and Garth, who whether they are Canadian or not, are what I think Canada should sound like.
What I mean is she didn't say "aboot" (about) or "beg" (bag) or "eh".
However, she blew my mind with three things:
1.  They do not have senior pictures in Canada.
What?

That's right.

They have a picture that is taken along with the school pictures in which you wear a cap and tassel if you are a senior, but that's it.
No dressing up all cute and having a special day of pictures just for you as a celebration of doing something you had to do anyway.
Just a cap and a tassel. 
My business would not do well in Canada.
2.  After I purchased some canvas totes at a thrift shop I explained to her that I use them when I shop at Aldi because they don't bag your stuff for you there and you would have to buy the bags if you needed them.
She said they don't have an Aldi, but that you take your own bags to the stores anyway and pay for bags if you need them.
What?!

Go Canada!
You have no idea how sick I am of seeing Wal-Mart bags flying around parking lots and hanging in trees.

It's as if they are some mutant breed of animal surviving and multiplying on their own in the wild that will soon take over our land and stifle our cries of protest by wrapping their bodies around our heads and suffocating us.
3.  She said I have a thick accent.
Me?

I sound like a hick?

I don't think so.

I don't say "ya'll" or "ya-untoo" or "Wal-marts".

I enunciate and use proper English.

Eh...c'mon ya hoser.  Y'know, take off! EH!
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "White Baby".

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Great pics! And I agree totally about the walmart bags. Something else they don't have in Canada is ratings on movies:)

Lunsford said...

So I could have told you years ago that you have a southern accent, I just assumed you knew.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .