link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> 2012 Disappointment | Priester Photography

2012 Disappointment

While I've mentioned that I get a lot of "ideas" bouncing around in my head while I'm in the shower,
 this also happens to me a lot as I'm drifting off to sleep.

I know this happens to others as well and that's why they keep paper by their bed in order to jot down ideas without needing to get up.

I followed this advice and now keep a pad of paper by my bed.
 Last night I apparently had an excess of creative juices flowing and the ideas were just bouncing around and out of my brain.
 But alas, I can only tell you about one of them because though I have paper by my bed, I could not convince my body to roll over, turn on the light and jot down the crazies that were coming out.
 And don't think I didn't try to convince myself.

They were such great things I was coming up with that I was promising myself chocolate and cake and massages if I would just get up and write them down but my body said, "No.  I won't do it.  You have pushed me to far today and I refuse to accommodate your irrational behavior."
 So I sighed and tried to commit my sporadic ideas to memory.

You see how well that worked.

Stupid memory.
 But I do have this one morsel that I managed to hang on to...
 **Please keep in mind that this occurred during a half sleeping state...I am not normally this dense.
 As I was trying to convince my body to jot things down and then became frustrated with said body because of its lack of discipline or regard for my wishes I had what I thought at the time was an epiphany.

(It was NOT an epiphany.)
 Someone should invent an electronic device that "creative types" stick on their heads at night in order to capture the thoughts that come spilling out during that time right before you hit REM sleep.
 Then the next morning the "creative type" could play back his or her thoughts, self-reflect, discard the incoherent ideas and make note of the ideas that need more exploration. 
 Ta-da!

I'm a genius!

I should get it patented.
 Except that this idea involves mind reading.

Which we don't have the capability to do yet.
Seriously 2012?
I am so disappointed in your technological advances.

You should really step it up because you have no idea what is lurking in this brain in its half asleep state.

No idea.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "L Penwell".

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

Great pictures! And I'm REALLY glad that we don't have mind reading machines, because no one wants to know what goes on in mine:) I didn't get the W in my nickname without reason;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .