link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Blacktop, Paper, Stalker | Priester Photography

Blacktop, Paper, Stalker

--I'm obsessed with paper.

If I'm at one of my thrifty shops or doing a scan of the clearance aisles at various department stores and see cute paper I must buy it.
I have a drawer full of cute notebook paper.

I have a moleskin notebook, one with birds, one with stripes, little tiny pads of paper, big pads with Velcro closures...you name it, I most likely have it.
The weird part?

I don't want to write in them.
I mean...I want to write in them...that's the whole draw of paper (Draw of paper? Ironic.), the clean fresh pages waiting for ideas and lists.

The problem is that once I make the first list, note, reminder, or to-do markings in them they are no longer a fresh, clean notebook ready for ideas.
Because no matter how hard you try, if you tear a piece of paper out of notebook (that isn't spiral bound) it will be obvious that it has been used.

And there will be the tell-tell signs of torn paper bits and jagged edges to prove it has been abused.

And who wants to use abused paper?

Obviously not me.
--While Matt was away for the night for work I turned the air off to save energy.

(I do this while he's away because he's a big, cranky baby that needs conditioned air.)
I was laying in bed with the ceiling fan on and the window open.

All the lights were off and I was playing Spelltower on my phone.
I was about ten minutes in to my word challenge relaxation moment when little kamikaze bugs started dive bombing my eyeballs. 
I tried swatting them away but quickly realized that this was completely ineffective because a.) I couldn't see them and b.) they are way faster than me in my word relaxed state.
I then noticed that they were landing on my phone screen.
So my game of Spelltower then quickly became a game of Spelltower interspersed with a game of squash the bugs on the screen so they don't fly in your eyeballs.

I got the high score.
--When I was little I lived in Illinois and in the summer I remember walking down a blacktop road popping bubbles that had formed in the blacktop with my cute little toddler feet.
Why haven't I seen any of those bubbles in Missouri?

Do they use a different blacktop formula?

Maybe they changed the formula they used in 1980.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Maybe I should seek counseling.
--I have a stalker.

I met her yesterday.
She's very nice and I took pictures of her baby who happens to be super cute.
I came to the realization today that since she's now experienced my blabber-mouthiness in person she's probably no longer my stalker.

But that's okay, because I had a stalker and not many people can say that.

I feel special.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Kolton One Year".

3 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

I love pretty notebooks too (and I know what you mean about not wanting to write in them!) Maybe you could pull pages out from the back that way the front is still nice and pretty when you open it.

Anonymous said...

MO used to have blacktop bubbles. I remember popping them. I would have never dug that memory out of "the long term" had it not been for this blog... wonder what else is hiding in there?

:-) Manda

Heather said...

Yeah, those bubbles were almost as addicting to pop as bubble wrap!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .