link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> I should work for Hallmark. | Priester Photography

I should work for Hallmark.



While falling asleep last night (which is when I do my best thinking), I came up with a perfect greeting card idea.
 Picture this:

On the front there is only a picture (or cartoon drawing).
 The picture is of three military tanks arranged in an aesthetically pleasing formation...maybe on a beach or in the mountains.
The inside simply says, "You are too kind."

 The beauty of this card is that if the recipient truly understands your sense of humor they will grasp the meaning instantly and laugh....at you, with you...it doesn't matter because they're laughing and laughing is good for your friends.
 They will talk to you about it later and you will share the laugh together.

You will then be friends forever...maybe even best friends forever.
Conversely, if your "friend" doesn't understand what it means and determines that you just sent them a card with military tanks on the front for no apparent reason they will look at it front and back trying to figure out what is missing.
 Then they will call you and ask you why you are so weird and why you sent them a card with military vehicles on the front with absolutely no explanation.
 And then you can have the satisfaction of knowing that they were flummoxed by your attempt at humor and you can laugh (obviously at them because they won't be laughing).
 And because they apparently don't understand your humor you don't have to be their friend anymore.
 Which is one less friend you have to send cards to in the first place.
 See?

It's a win-win.
If you profit from this idea please send me royalties.

Otherwise you can just tank me later.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Reed Engagement".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh... yeah, you'd be laughing at me. ;-)

Manda

WSMIL said...

Well butter my bum and call me a biscuit, I got it:) Tanks for making me laugh this morning!

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Guess we're not friends anymore...well...guess we never really were anyway.

B said...

Oh Anonymous, you are so wrong! We are totally friends! Because anyone who would leave such a comment is very friend-worthy. Don't you feel special now?

Anonymous said...

Don't get it either. Guess I'm in the same boat with the other anonymous.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .