link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Peach Bug | Priester Photography

Peach Bug

I hang my clothes on a clothesline.

I then bring them in and toss them in the dryer for about 5 minutes to fluff them before folding them or hanging them up.

While doing that very thing this fine morning I noticed a little spider sitting on the edge of the dryer door.
And by "little" I mean he was the size of a peach.

With the same texture.

Fuzzy.
At first I thought he was a bumblebee until I realized he had no wings.
And then I thought he was dead until a pair of jeans I pulled out whizzed past him and he flinched.
I continued to casually fold my laundry, piece by piece, all the while keeping an eye on my unwelcome visitor.
I have a policy when it comes to squashing bugs...
No bug shall be squash-eth if said bug shan't be smaller than a peach.
So there he sat, watching me with his beady little (peach sized) eyes while I watched him with my beady little (Brandi sized) eyes.
I think he had heard about my bug squashing policy as he remained confidently perched on the dryer, mocking me.
He splayed his legs and fuzzy parts out wide as if to say, "Go ahead, hit me with a shoe...I will make sure to spray my nastiest inner fluids onto your body along with some fuzzy leg parts too, and I might even make a popping noise as well...go ahead, do it.  Do it."


It was a standoff.

Neither of us was going to budge on the issue.
So I finished folding my clothes and turned to walk out of the laundry room.
As I reached to switch off the light I looked back at him one last time, and as I walked away I yelled back, "You better be gone by the time I get back!"
B


You can see the rest of this session here under "Lil Tiefenauer".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the popping sound! Oh, and Chrissy sure has a cute little girl, huh?

Manda

Anonymous said...

The size of a peach isn't that small when it comes to a spider! Yikes! And this little girl sure reminded us of Phoenix until we got to the ones with her mom.

WSMIL said...

I'm curious where he shows up next:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .