link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Just call me Betty. | Priester Photography

Just call me Betty.



So while I was editing this evening Matt was downstairs at the kitchen table complaining that he wanted something chocolate.
 Or ice cream.

We had neither.
 So in order to win the good wife award (that I hope to be nominated for), I decided to come up with something chocolate for him to feast on.
 I popped on over to Pinterest where I typed something like "fast chocolate" into the search bar.
 I happened upon a sweet little recipe that is essentially 2 minute chocolate cake in a ramekin (or coffee cup in my case) cooked in the microwave for 30 seconds.
 It should be noted at this time that I do not fall under the category of "good cook."

I think it's because I'm too impatient.
 You know, a watched pot never boils, and all that.
 Don't get me wrong...I'm not a complete failure in the kitchen.

I make a fantastic roast, the kids beg for my homemade chicken and noodles and Matt recently confessed that my potato soup is better than his (and his is delicious!).
 But I fall very short when it comes to the true definition of a "good cook".
 Matt often regards what I put in front of him to eat as a science experiment worthy of being approached with caution and trepidation. 
 This might be because when I run into the kitchen with a piece of paper in my hand and a look of determination on my face and he asks what I'm making I always say, "Can't tell ya" in my best mysterious voice.

I'm setting myself up for failure.
 So I made the little 2 minute cakes and set one in front of him in the coffee cup.

He looked at it and then at me with questioning eyes.
 Then he looked at it again.

Then he sniffed it.

I shoved the fork towards him and said, "Try it! It's cake!"
 He stabbed a forkful, sniffed it again and then quickly shoved it into his mouth.
 He chewed it with a look of concern on his face.

I asked, "Do you like it?"

He made a squeaking noise and said, "Itth like thtyrofoam."
 I gasped, "What!  I worked two whole minutes on that cake!"

"And then watched it bake for 30 whole seconds!"
 And he said, "Itth thucking all the moithture out of my mouth."

"Itth tho dry."
 He was whining and sort of fake crying while he chewed.
 I made a mad face and then a huffing noise.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and stomped directly up to my computer.
And then I sat down to write this because it's funny.

And because I thought I should warn you not to make the two minute cake in a ramekin because it really does taste like styrofoam.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Darian Senior".

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

Mom has one that doesn't taste like styrofoam, will get that to you:)  And yes, I get that look of determination now and again, but I just tell G that if he doesn't like it he better speak up.  Because if it was easy he will definitely see it again unless he speaks up;)

Derek said...

:) Sometimes I think you should add streaming video to your blog.

Derek said...

Also, great shoot!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .