link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Return To Sender--Because They Addressed It That Way | Priester Photography

Return To Sender--Because They Addressed It That Way

 I had a discussion with a post office clerk the other day that resulted in my learning of an epidemic.
Apparently a great many of the individuals that enter the post office with a letter in hand do not know how to address the envelope.
 Meaning they don't know if the return address or the actual mailing address goes in the top left corner or in the middle, meaning they must oftentimes mail packages that get sent directly back to them.

Tragic!
 The postal clerk then informed me they don't teach this in schools anymore.

How is this not something the youth of America need to know?

I feel so archaic.
 For those of you who fall into the above category of people that don't know how to address an envelope, please read this for the sake of humanity.
 While we are on the subject of mail, did you realize that when you use your finger to slide open an envelope you are actually rubbing said finger through the days old slobber of the sender?
 It's just something to think about.
 While we're on the subject of paper-like things...Mercede just handed me her book because she wanted me to read a page of it.  
It's a paperback and I folded it in half backwards to read the left page and she exclaimed,
  "Mom!  Don't do that to my new book!  Respect its pages!"
I think this means I'm doing something right as a parent.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Baby Sophie".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the ways of the "new" generation are unfixable" as the old generation knows. Thank you for trying to blend the generations. these are lovely photos. Mamas will never give up.

WSMIL said...

I'm so proud of her comment about the book! Dad is, I hate to use the word but I must, notorious for bending pages where he has quotes he wants to remember. Hate my book being bent. So while I love my books, this is why I adore digital, no bent books/pages.

And thanks so much for the slobber comment! Something I didn't need to think about today:) as I open the mail here at work,lol

PS: adorable baby and great pictures

Kristi said...

Neither can "they" write a check. I have to do it more and more at work for our younger patients..

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .