link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Golf Spam | Priester Photography

Golf Spam

Prepare to be astounded, because today I'm going to share with you some of the inner workings of running a blog.
I don't know why, but at some point in my blogging history something strange began to happen.
I started getting really weird comments that are obviously spam.

You'll never see them since I moderate my comments and they must receive my tick of approval before being released for viewing.
There are two reasons I'm confused by these spammers...

 One reason is because I don't run a very popular blog...I might reach 150-300 people a day (a lot of blogs are reaching thousands and thousands of people a day)...so I can't imagine what benefit the spammers are reaping from their efforts.
The other reason is that if you were going to attempt to lure someone to your fake/illegal/spammy website don't you think you would have a nice, concise sentence that was enticing and/or intriguing and that sounded at least somewhat normal?

Me too.

But here are some comments I have received recently...verbatim (except for their website information, obviously)...
"Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with afterward 

you can write otherwise it is complex to write.  Here is my blog"--a site about golf
What?

My head almost exploded while trying to make out what they could possibly be trying to say in that "sentence".
"Hello Dear, are you in fact visiting this site regularly, if 
so after that you will definitely take nice experience" --a chiropractor site

Please don't call me "dear".  Ever.
"My brother recommended I might like this web 
site. He used to be totally right. This put up truly made my day.
You cann't consider just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!"--a site for massagers  for women

Uh.  Yikes.  That's all I have to say about that.
"I always used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of web thus from 
now I am using net for articles, thanks to web."--another golf site

Maybe you should use the web to learn how to formulate a sentence that actually makes sense.
"What's up, of course this paragraph is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks!" --a site about golf carts

At least this spammer appreciates the educational value of my blog.

And last but not least...

"Have you ever considered about including a little bit more 
than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.
Nevertheless just imagine if you added some great images or 
videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and 
clips, this site could undeniably be one of the best in its niche.
Fantastic blog!" --a Las Vegas golf site

Hello!  I am offended now (minus the fundamental part).

Also...I don't even play golf!
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Terra Helm."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these guys need to learn proper Engrish before writing. Computer generated English just won't cut the mustard (whatever that means). The last one has got to be the world record for stupid.

BTW: Loved the mirror image reflection pictures.

B said...

Anonymous, I hesitated before allowing this comment...Engrish? :) Good for a laugh.

WSMIL said...

Wow, who knew! Thanks for the education on spam or blogging, I'm not sure which, but thanks:)

Love the last pictures with the rain, they are amazing!

lunsford said...

Thank you for sharing. Those are great. When you sell things on Craigslist you can expect the same sort of not quite English spam and scam artists. I'm glad I'm not the only one amused and disturbed by them.

WSMIL said...

Thanks Lunsford, between you and B I learn something new every week, see both educational, amusing and beautiful photography best blog ever;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .