link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> High School Nerves | Priester Photography

High School Nerves



So I thought I'd run out of things to talk about for this blog post.
In other words, I was drawing a blank.  I had writer's block.  

Or blogger's block.
Call it what you will, but I was about to post these pictures with no text.

Tragic, I know.
But then something happened to change that...I went to the high school to shoot the track team this afternoon.
And I walked down the hall as the bell rang and kids started piling out of the classrooms.
Rooms that look exactly the same as I remember them looking.
And weird things happened to my normally confident self.

I instantly became nervous and fidgety.
I didn't know which side of the hall to walk on so I sort of zigged and zagged back and forth which, as you can imagine, was probably confusing to some.
I averted my eyes to the ground...
I kicked myself for not changing the strap on my camera because the strap I was currently toting was very "uncool".
I decided I should have dressed up a little more because my jeans, tennis shoes and American Eagle t-shirt might actually have the teachers confuse me with the students and I didn't want to end up in detention for texting after the bell rang.

And I'm pretty sure I was slouching.
And then I witnessed this thing happen with this boy that I can't really explain without giving away too much information which would cause him to get teased but it made me want to pull him aside and yell
"You are a cute young man that will probably grow up to be cuter and more successful than most of the kids in here and you seem to be genuinely sweet and kind and instead of worrying so much about what other people think you should push your shoulders back and puff your chest out and be proud that you are you because in a few more years you won't care what anyone in this building thinks anyway so don't be miserable and worried about people who have no control over your future anyway!  Enjoy your youth and be happy and carefree and only worry about things that really matter!  People will like you more if you are just you anyway!"
And then I wanted to slap him in the face and tell him to snap out of it.

But I didn't.

Mostly because I didn't want to get arrested.

So I just gave him a sympathetic look and told him it would be fine.

And he walked away.

And now I'm sitting here nervously cracking open pistachio nuts and eating them like a crack addict and trying to calm my nerves by typing this blog.

This is just one more reason why I could never be a public school teacher.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Huffman Girls."

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

My favorite girls are back, THANK YOU!!! These are the most adorable girls, and I love their pictures.

And I refuse to get into the high school thing, shudder;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .