link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Hate Spiral vs. Beavers | Priester Photography

Hate Spiral vs. Beavers

Sometimes I get angry with  people because they're too perfect.
You know...like the people who are gorgeous and have great hair and  rockin' bodies and the money to buy fancy clothes and go on awesome vacations.
Then I feel bad for being angry with them because it's not their fault that they're gorgeous and wealthy...
so then I just tell myself that they're probably really boring or mean or uneducated.
And then I find out that they're really funny and super nice and smart.
So then I tell myself that they probably kidnap babies and eat them and kick puppies.
And then I feel really bad because I've resorted to imputing bad motives to people I don't even know just to make myself feel better about my own inadequacies...
which makes me even more angry with the gorgeous/wealthy/sweet people so it turns into a viscous downward spiral of hate.
And today this downward spiral of hate would probably have ended up in a hate crime involving me throwing darts at faces of perfect people because no one is here to feed me chocolate and tell me the "perfect people" probably have bedbugs and dirty fingernails but instead something unexpected happened...

I received a text from a friend telling me I needed to watch this episode about beavers on The Nature of Things (because that is the kind of friends I have).
So I thought about cute, scurrying beavers and I felt happy inside.

And then I tried to watch the episode on CBC TV and I can't.

Because it's Canadian.

And I'm American.
And now I'm mad because international borders are preventing me from viewing an educational show about beavers.

Canada, why do you hate me so?
B

Disclaimer--I don't truly hate anybody, nor do I throw hate darts at pictures of people.  Also, I have one Canadian friend, so I should be in good with the people of Canadia.

Disclaimer #2-- I also realize that they would be called "Canadian" people and not the people of "Canadia" and that "Canadia" is a made up word, but I like it and so I'm using it and I don't think there's really anything you can do about it except judge me for it and move on.

You can see the rest of this session here under "Myers/Sullivan Engagement."

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

This post made me think of that terrible commercial years ago with the tag phrase "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Which would have been fine I guess if the woman had been beautiful:) I guess we each have our own point of view of what beauty is.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .