link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> What Is Love? (Baby, Don't Hurt Me) | Priester Photography

What Is Love? (Baby, Don't Hurt Me)



You know how sometimes you tell someone "I love you" but you really mean something else that you aren't saying because you're afraid it will sound too corny?
Like "thank you for making supper."
Or "I'm proud of you for no real reason other than that I think you're special somehow."
Or "I like when our noses are so close that we're breathing the same air."
Or "I like it when you hold my hand and match my stride when we're walking so my arm doesn't get all jerked up and down because I'm shorter than you."
Or "I'm happy you're a person I enjoy being around so that I don't have to feel the need to kill someone on a daily basis."
Or "Thank you for not telling me I'm hideous when I roll out of bed with bags and last night's mascara under my eyes and rats nest hair."
Or "Even when I can't stand you I still love you."
Given that there are so many variations of what someone could mean when they say "I love you" you practically need a decoder to figure it all out.
Or you just have to accept the "I love you" and move on.
Which is probably the easiest thing to do since even if I said, "When I said "I love you I meant that you are just so cute I could squeeze you until your guts pop out except that would be gross and unhygenic and then you would most likely be dead because you can't live with your guts on the outside unless you have a special bag to carry them around in and I wouldn't want you to carry your guts around in a bag so I'll just squeeze you hard enough that I feel good about it but not so hard that you're guts do, indeed,  pop out because that's how much I love you" you would still be confused.

And it's hard to appreciate an "I love you" when you're confused about what it really means.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Penelope G".

4 comments:

Amy S. said...

She has to be the cutest baby ever!!! Great job!

WSMIL said...

The third from the last is my favorite, mostly because I wished I could wear that hat and look that adorable:) As for the rest of this post my fav is having your noses so close together you are breathing the same air. That says love to me for some reason, go figure:) Probably just sappy what with so many anniversarys this month. I can live with that;)

LA said...

AHHHHHH!
How is it that when you are older a stand of perls and a flower in your hair is just not as beautiful?

LA said...

Happy Anniversary! I sure hope you get as much out of taking the pictures as we like your work. Never seizes to be amazing!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .