link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> In The Red | Priester Photography

In The Red


--I bank online.
So every morning when I check my balance I experience what seems to be a mini panic attack while the page is loading.
And in my head I'm thinking, "No red, no red, please...no red."

(For those of you fortunate enough to never have to worry about your bank account balance, red numbers are a bad thing.  A real bad thing.)
Sometimes I even close one eye until the page has loaded completely as if seeing red numbers with only one eye will miraculously take the $40 overdraft fee down to $20.

It's how I cope.
--It has been brought to my attention that when I finish a telephone conversation I end it with "buh-bye."

It sounds so grandmotherly.
I don't know when this started.

And I'm not sure I know how to end it.
Perhaps with a "buh-bye buh-bye."

But that seems self-defeating. 
--After months of eating super healthy food and very minimal amounts of soda I was away from home for the weekend and had the following:
KFC chicken (regular and crispy)

Mashed potatoes and gravy

Coleslaw

A biscuit with butter

Soda
An entire Imo's meatball sub

Two pieces of Imo's monster meat pizza

Soda
And three Krispy Kreme doughnuts with chocolate milk.

Today, I am either coming down with the flu...or my body is in shock and has decided to riot lest I should think I can eat like that again and get away with it.

To it (my body) I say:  Calm down!  I repent of my ways!  Now make the stomach stop flip-flopping around.  Please.
--Someone told me this week that they thought I was a deep thinker and intelligent.

Someone then told me this weekend that they thought I was shy and quiet.
This can only mean one of two things:

Either there is a government conspiracy in which I have been replaced by a robotic clone with a mild and intelligent manner that my acquaintances are mistaking for me...

Or I have multiple personalities that I am, as yet, unaware of.

I hope it's the clone thing.
B

PS--No red today! Weeeee!

You can see the rest of this session here under "Williams Family".

3 comments:

WSMIL said...

buh-bye doesn't make me think grandmother, it makes me think airline stewardess. Maybe that is where you picked it up:)

LA said...

#1 photo, priceless!
Love that splendid over-sized chair.

LUNSFORD said...

These are amazing pictures, I love this little man. It's funny my mind went right to a tv show with the airplane staff saying "Buh-bye. With serious attitude. I won't admit here which tv show but I'm guessing your mother-in-law is thinking of the same one.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .