link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Get your popcorn! | Priester Photography

Get your popcorn!


 I went to the movies Sunday night.

As someone who isn't greatly interested in watching movies, this isn't something I do very often.
In fact, I can't remember the last movie I went to see.

I think it was in 2009.

Seriously.

I'm just not a movie person.
Here's what I discovered upon taking in the movie theater scene after two years of abstinence...

It was enjoyable.

But weird.
As I sat down in the living-room-like atmosphere I wanted to take my shoes off, curl up in my seat and snuggle with someone.

But I didn't want to get yelled at by the usher.

So I sat.
I then had the urge to offer everyone around me something to drink...because they were in my living room.

That's just what a good hostess does.

But I couldn't afford it.

So I shuffled my feet on the sticky floor and waited.
Then the movie began to start and London leaned over and said, "I wish they could fast forward through all these commercials!"

The uncanny thing about that statement is, we can!  We, as people living in the 21st century, have the amazing ability to fast forward through movies we happen to be watching.

Unless, of course, you happen to be in a theater.
My conclusion?

While going to the movies will be something I continue to do from time to time with my kids because it's what society has dictated to them is "fun" and I will be entertained by it (as I am by most anything) I will continue to be perplexed by its draw.

I'm also left wondering, when the radio was invented and most households enjoyed the ability to listen to it in the comfort of their own homes, why didn't they then gather in a large building to listen to a giant radio with dozens of people they didn't know?

And listen to commercials they didn't have on their home radios.

And pay $45 for it.

Minus snacks and beverages.

Not a hater...just intrigued.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under Pinkley/Mills Family.

5 comments:

WSMIL said...

Especially when you can see it free online in just a couple of extra days:) Although I must say the special effects loose some of their specialness (if that's a word:).

Kristi said...

I say for me it is like paying to be tortured! I hate to have to sit still that long, and be quiet at the same time! That is why my family just goes without me and I get to be home all by myself. I love movie night!!!

Derek said...

Greatest story I've heard this hour. :)

Derekaubuchon said...

Test comment

M-a-licious said...

The place where you listen to giant speakers playing songs from the radio and share the music with strangers is called a club.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .