link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Those With Children Don't Need Television | Priester Photography

Those With Children Don't Need Television



Shortly after writing my last post I decided my closet needed some attention.

 I'm not sure if it was the dust bunnies calling my name or the fact that I had, the day before, tried on a girdle that was approximately 11 years old.
 As I was organizing shoes (that found their way home from under my desk), the girls were standing idly by waiting for a good pair to come flying their way as I chucked them out.
 Summer cast her eyes nonchalantly across my baskets of underthings and gasped as she discovered the previously blogged about torture device.

Some people call them girdles.
 This is a recap of the exclamations coming from my closet at the point the discovery was made:

"Oh my gosh! This is so adorable!"

(It should be noted that this is just a plain jane girdle, probably from Wal-Mart, but my girls obviously think it's an amazing piece of an undergarment that was worn by women with hoopskirts or Betty Boop.)
 "Where did you get it?"

"Is it from your wedding?"

"Can we try it on?"
 It was at this point that I walked out of the room in order to start writing this all down lest I should forget.

I heard the following:
"Well, this is a pain to put on."

"Help me!"
"You look like a hooker!"

(What must they think of their mother owning such a piece of harlotry?)
 They both pranced in, one at a time showing off their new discovery at which point I heard phrases like the following:

"I can't breathe!"

 "Do I look thinner?"

To which I replied, "I can't tell the difference."

And the child said, "Well, that's depressing!"
 Two minutes later they were back in the room and someone said, "Uh. This is horrible! Unhook it, unhook it!"
 I thought all the drama and excitement was over until I hear London from the living room below softly and in a somewhat indifferent and bored tone say,
"Will you put it on me?"
 Help me Rhonda.
 And that, dear friends, is why kids are better than television.
 You can't make this stuff up.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Wood Family".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that we are so entertaining to you mom! HEHE By the way, I love your last post! I couldn't stop laughing!
Mercede

WSMIL said...

Beautiful family and great pictures! I hope you got a picture of your son in the girdle. We can put it next to the one of him in his sisters swimsuit:)

WSMIL said...

I know you are busy but we need new stuff please:)

Anonymous said...

haha. love it. But I have to disagree with you. At some times, those with children do find television extremely helpful although it probably shouldn't be classified as "needing" it. Such as when one wants to take a shower or do dishes without little ones at her feet crying the whole time!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .