link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Radio DJ say what? | Priester Photography

Radio DJ say what?



And we're back with another high school sports session.

You know what that means!

Another solid block of hits from yesteryear!

(I'm not sure why I'm in radio disc jockey mode, but it seems to fit, so I'm going with it.)
To kick it off we'll start with this gem of a letter torn from a notebook from 1993.

(DJ voice off)

It's from a boy (that shall remain nameless for his protection) to me.

I'm using it as proof that girls are not the only ones who gossip.
"Hey!  What's goin' on?  Nothin here.  Insert Name  and them told me what they told you because Insert Name asked me who I liked and I told her but I thought you already new (he probably meant knew) and now I feel stupid because someone else told you and I didn't."
I'm pretty sure he was trying to tell me he liked me but I'm not exactly sure I understood that at the time.

I was probably confused by the run-on sentence.
(DJ voice on)

Now we'll kick it up a notch with a little diddy that was passed between desks one fine day in 1995.

(DJ voice off)
This is not only a glimpse into a 16 year-old boy's mind but also one of my first endeavors at doing what I think I'm good at...giving relationship advice.
Me:  When are you going to make your move?

Boy:  Don't know if I will.
Me:  Why not?

Boy:  I don't know.  I don't know if I should or not.
Me:  You should.  If you like her that much, then don't wait.  If you wait for a long time she'll get another boyfriend.
Boy:  I know but she already likes somebody else and if she likes him more than me our relationship wouldn't work or she probably wouldn't even go with me.  First, like I said, I got to find out what she thinks.  Talk to her today and call me tonight.
Me:  She might like someone else but if she doesn't know you like her then she'll keep liking this other guy.  But if she knows that you like her then she might like you back.  I'll talk to her.
Boy:  Remember, tell her what I said yesterday.  Make sure she says something, after you tell her that you're on your own.  You can ask her what you want but don't let her know I know anything about this.
(I'm surprised the letter didn't self-destruct after I read it.  He sounds serious.)

Me:  Okay.  I'm pretty good at getting people to talk.  I got you to tell me who you liked didn't I? 







 (What am I doing?  A sales pitch for my own relationship advice hotline?)
Boy:  OK.  I signing astilavita baby.

(Seriously.  Why am I helping him?)
 I wish I remembered how this turned out!  What a cliffhanger.

(DJ voice back on)
 Don't touch that dial cause we're back with another blast from the past!

This one, all the way from 1993...
 (DJ voice off)

This is quickly scrawled correspondence between a nameless boy and myself.
Boy:  I got my lisence Tuesday.  You'll have to let me take you somewhere.
Me:  Did ya?  (note the tension in just those two words) I could have got mine 4 months ago.  There is absolutely no way my mom and dad will let me go somewhere with you.  Sorry.

(I'm a hag!  And why didn't I get my license if I "could have"?)
 Boy:  I meant a ride home from school, not a date.  You've got a boyfriend.
Slam!

 A-w-k-w-a-r-d!!!!
 Did you denote the tone of irritation in his words?

As if to say, "Why would I want to go on a date with a C-R-A-Z-Y person anyway?".
Boy is my face red.

(DJ voice on)

This is DJ B signing out!  Thanks for keeping me company, and if you're in the car, thanks for the ride!
B

You can see these images bigger here under "Volleyball 2011".




2 comments:

WSMIL said...

He meant a date he just backpedaled when you told him no:) But then again 16 year old girls don't know these things. Face it sometimes 20 and over year old girls don't know these things;) Yeah for sports season, football here we go, and the volleyball team looks good.

Bell Lee Button said...

I loved that! So hilarious!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .