link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> As I Lay Dying | Priester Photography

As I Lay Dying


Matt and I had been married for nearly two years.

I woke up one morning and went about the usual routine of packing his lunch and getting him out the door at five a.m.
 As I was putting ice in his cooler I noticed that the palm of my hands and my forearms were pale blue.

It was as if I weren't getting enough oxygen.
 I presented my arms to Matt for his inspection.

He seemed concerned but not overly much and told me it was probably the way I slept on them.

It went away later in the day so I didn't think too much more about it.
 The next day the same thing happened.

I shoved my forearms and hands in Matt's face and said, "What's wrong with me?!"
He rubbed and patted my forearms.

He asked if I felt alright.

He felt my head.

I guess he thought that if someone was losing oxygen to their arms they must have a fever.
 I didn't have a fever.

Or any symptoms...other than fear that I was dying.
 Once again the pale blue color disappeared throughout the course of the day and the worry left my mind.
 But alas!

The next day it had returned!

It seems I was only dying in the mornings.

If I could just make it through the mornings I would be okay.
 I announced my discovery to Matt once again with a tone of confusion and concern.

"Am I dying?"

He looked at me with a questioning face and studied my arms and palms.
 He tipped his head, looked up at me with a hint of amusement and led me into the bedroom.

(This is not going where you think it is.  I keep it PG.)

He walked me over to our bed and threw back the covers revealing our new green flannel sheets.
He vigorously rubbed his forearms across the sheets a few times and then presented his pale blue, lack of oxygen arms to me.

Great.

Now we were both dying.

At least we could suffer together as we slowly turned into Smurfs.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Baby B Kelley".

5 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

ROFL you have the best stories! :)

WSMIL said...

I actually remembered this story, and it made me laugh all over again. And I love the picture with the baby on the chair and the yellow backdrop and the hat, too cute.

Anonymous said...

where do we find hats like these?

B said...

My client said she bought these at etsy.com but be warned. It's a bad, bad place. For your pocketbook.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Look out pocketbook.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .