link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Voices and More Paint | Priester Photography

Voices and More Paint

--We just finished painting our living room.

(More on that later.)
While painting it occurred to me that the last time we painted our living room Matt and I were only 22 years old.
We had just finished building our house (yes, we).

Mercede was three and Summer was one.
This explains a lot about the prior condition of my walls.
Young adult impatience yielded a lot of drip marks while toddler handprints and smudges worked themselves nearly three feet up the walls in various places.
Alas, we have painted over those memories and we are ready to start making new ones with our new paint.

Watch as my paint and I hold hands and walk off into the sunset.
--I listen to a lot of public radio while I'm editing.
While doing so I have noticed that I pay a lot of attention to people's voices and how they pronounce words.
This one reporter on Unfictional makes all her words that end in "ing" sound like "inga".
For example:  "Happening" would sound like "happeninga".
There's a guy that sometimes has stories on This American Life that has the deepest, craziest, most interesting voice I've ever heard.
He could read me the takeout menu from the Chinese restaurant and I'd be entertained.
But I have a favorite.

It's a girl, also from This American Life.

She's my favorite because she has a nasal tone voice.

Like me.

Which means that I could have a radio show one day if I wanted to.

And I might.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Patterson Family".

2 comments:

WSMIL said...

Love these pictures!

PS: love this women's eyeglasses, no I am not in the business, lol

Anonymous said...

You are precious...my glasses are actually Tommy Hilfiger brand. I have had them for like 5 years. ;)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .