link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Correction | Priester Photography

Correction

No one likes to be corrected.
That's a plain and simple fact. 
So I understand that when I tell someone their "to" should be a "too" or their "there" should be a "they're" that they probably aren't happy with me. 
But I think it's because they think I'm doing it to be mean or to make myself look smarter or to make them appear dumb.
In actuality,  I don't do it for any of those reasons but I didn't know why I felt so compelled to make corrections until today. 
I corrected someone (who shall remain nameless) on Instagram and after I clicked "send" and set my phone on the counter I realized I was smiling a big, goofy smile.
Catching grammar and spelling mistakes makes me happy people!!
  I don't know why.
 I do know that it's not because I think I'm smart or better than you (unless you're openly very, very stupid or you're a wife beater/baby napper/murderer/thief/person-who-doesn't-refill-the-butter-dish, in which case I am better than you).
Maybe it's because it's sort of like a scavenger hunt.
 And I think I'll get a prize if I'm the first one to catch it.
 Or maybe because it makes me feel like a teacher correcting papers with one of those red pencils with the red eraser that doesn't actually erase anything.
At any rate, I correct grammar and spelling mistakes.

But I also make plenty of them myself and people correct me regularly.

And correcting them makes me happy.

Almost ridiculously happy.

So, I can try to lay off the corrections.

But don't you want me to be happy?

I thought so.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Helm Sports."

3 comments:

susan sinks said...

Awesome shoot! And I'm the same way...actually, I don't know that it makes me happy...I just find it necessary.

WSMIL said...

These may be some of my favorite sports pics ever! Love the ones in the dress.

I want you to be happy so by all means correct away. On an ironic note as I went to post this the spell check informed me I misspelled favorite and changed it to favourite:) Even now the red line is yelling at me with my correct American word and happy with the British spelling, go figure. How did you manage to get it to do that?

Anonymous said...

U homeschool, nuf said...

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .