link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Inconsequential Memory | Priester Photography

Inconsequential Memory



You know that thing you do when you're staring at the wall and you space out?
Don't lie.

I'm not that abnormal.
I was spacing like that the other day...thinking of absolutely nothing (if that's even possible)...and instantly, without even being  aware of what I was thinking about the following thought process took place:
Kaybee

Kaybee Toy Store
In the mall

The exact location
The smell

The dirty carpet
The length of the aisles

The Cabbage Patch Kids display
The Lego section

The video game section
The gum, candy and little odds and ends toys that surrounded the counter

and then I blinked a few times and sat in silence, wondering where that memory came from.
I was blindsided by a Kaybee memory.

Just blindsided.
Because I didn't even know that I had that memory.
It was like that scene in the movies where the star character is standing still and the camera zooms through the scene making that "whoosh" noise and then when it zooms back to the character he's stunned and in shock because of what he just saw.
Only I didn't see anything.
I just had a memory.
Which now that I think about it, isn't really anything to blog about.
But I just typed all of this out, so it's what you're getting.

My apologies.
B



You can see the rest of this session here under "Settle Senior".

1 comments:

WSMIL said...

It is like biting into some food and being blasted to the past because it brings up a memory you didn't even know you had! I so understood this post, thanks:)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .