link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> What constitutes a good day? | Priester Photography

What constitutes a good day?

As I approached the bank window in my van I nervously nudged the power window button.

Miraculously it worked and the window rolled down so I didn't have to do the half sitting in the car half hanging into the road thing to deposit my money.

I instantly sighed and thought to myself, "It's a good day." 
I then wondered silently to myself how it is that I allow myself to be so easily placated.

For instance, I think it's a good day when the grocery store has Edy's Rocky Road ice cream in stock.
It's a good day when I get to see puffy clouds or a sunset.
It's a good day when someone makes me laugh so hard I almost pee my pants and my eyes get all watery and my stomach hurts and I look like I'm by all accounts writhing in pain but I'm really just tickled.
It's a good day when I get a great parking spot by total accident.
It's a good day when I find a pair of biker boots on sale for $8.00 in my size.
It's a good day when Matt and I kiss right after we've both just brushed our teeth.

(It makes me feel like a we're in a chewing gum commercial (minus the two overly sexy people).)
It's a good day when I put on my favorite pair of jeans and they fit without that little roll hanging over the top.

(This rarely happens.)
It's a good day when the kids play board games together instead of wanting to watch TV.
What makes your day?

Other than my blog, of course.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Boren Baby".

4 comments:

WSMIL said...

Other than your blog, which is a given, a good day begins and ends with my one and only hubby. I ran away from work at noon this past week, grabbed him and sat on the deck holding hands, watching the eagles with the sun on our backs, that was truly a beautiful day.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I love the 8th one! A good day for me is when it is snowing outside and I can curl up on the couch with a soft blanket wrapped around me while I read! Its even better if there is a fire going!
Mercede

Derek said...

When my iPod shuffles to all my favorite songs on a nice day.

Bumble-Bree said...

A nice day...
1. When I'm not late somewhere.
2. When keys to motorized vehicles are wherre I need them to be.
3. When all keys in general are where I need them to be.
4. When I'm not on a diet.
5. When my horse does what I ever so kindly ask it to do.
And finally, when i have CHOCOLATE!!!

P.S. Can you tell what all has gone wrong today? :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .