link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Just A Flat Globe | Priester Photography

Just A Flat Globe

 Recent conversation between one of my offspring and myself as she was opening a package containing an SD card:
 Offspring:  This is a 16 gigabyte card.  The other one was only eight.
 Me:  Cool.
 Offspring:  Gigabyte.  Megabyte.  Those are such weird names.  I wonder why they called them that?  Doesn't it sound weird?
 Me:  Yeah, I guess it kinda does.
 Offspring (very matter-of-factly):  It sounds like a religion.
 Me (laughing):  I can see that..."What religion are you?"..."Oh, I'm a Gigabyte.  We're a very information based faith.  Much more so than the Megabytes even though their name seems to imply that they would be superior."

Giggles.
 Another conversation with offspring:

Offspring (while listening to the radio):  Sigh.  I love Owl City.  His songs have so much meaning!
 *long pause*

Offspring:  I'm not sure what the meaning is, but it's deep.
 Me:  *laughing*
 And one last conversation with offspring:

Offspring 1:  Isn't it crazy that people used to think the world was flat?
 Offspring 2 (with an air of superiority):  That's stupid.  Why didn't they just look at a globe?
 Me and Offspring 1:  *hysterical laughing*
 Offspring 2:  What?  Why is that funny?
 Me:  Because they didn't have globes then.  They didn't know the layout of the earth.  They just had maps of places they knew.
 Offspring 2:  Whatever.  A globe is just a map wrapped around a ball.
 *convulsions of laughter*

 I have to admit however, that while laughing hysterically I was also considering in the back of my mind how I have failed or am failing as a teacher.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Dement Family".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creative thinking does not equal failure...lot's of humor though

LaVena said...

I started reading the story of you and the Offspring and forgot to look at the pictures until I was done. It was so funny I was captured. Kids provide the best material, don't they? I’m sure your fans will agree.

WSMIL said...

I didn't think I would laugh so hard at hearing this story again, just goes to show how wrong I am:) Great way to start a Monday, thanks as always!

Anonymous said...

love these pics, and your story telling is just amazing, I'm glad someone told me about your site

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .