link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7Sv4ukXNKhE/Tvywu2kH72I/AAAAAAAAH2c/I0vpwdHuLoA/s1600/superb.png"/> Short Skirt Long Jacket | Priester Photography

Short Skirt Long Jacket




--I had a short dress (slightly past the thigh) on last week as a swimsuit cover up.

I ran to the store to grab our lunch for a day at the water park and proceeded to see everyone I know.
I don't understand how women wear short skirts/dresses.

I felt like a tramp.

Particularly after one person I ran into, after looking me up and down, asked, "Where are your pants"?
--We saw a man on the curb of a busy intersection yesterday.

He was holding a cardboard sign that said, "Struggling family.  Please help."
It was sad and I considered buying them some food but then I thought they may not need food but I didn't want to give them money because who knows if they're really poor or just trying to take my money but then I thought how it seemed more logical to just give the supposedly poor people money and take the risk that they're going to use it to buy drugs or alcohol or laugh under their breath because they swindled money from yet another gullible person instead of feeling bad that I didn't give them money and they really needed it to buy diapers or pay an electric bill and then it was nearly my turn at the intersection and I was trying to decide what to do without making eye contact with the people so I wouldn't have to try to express I'm-sorry-I-want-to-give-you-money-but-I'm-struggling-internally-with-the-moral-dilemma-of-whether-or-not-you-can-be-trusted through my facial expressions and then we turned through the intersection and Summer says from the backseat:
"What I wanna know is where these people are getting all this cardboard."
--Matt and I were talking about some friends of ours that are considering moving to Mexico for a year:

Me:  I wanna move somewhere for a year.

Matt:  Why would anyone do that?
Me:  Move?

Matt:  No.  Move somewhere for just a year.
Me:  Because it's exciting and interesting and adventurous and you could learn about different cultures and then come back when you get sick of it!

Matt:  I don't want to be adventurous.
Me:  What?! You want to be adventurous!  What about the big plans we had to buy backpacks and bicycle across America together when the kids move out?
Matt:  Uh.  I mostly just wanna buy a backpack.
B

You can see the rest of this session here under "Johnson Six Months".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I am rich and didn't know it. I have some cardboard and a backpack.

Anonymous said...

This is cute! I love your blog

lunsford said...

First thank you for getting that song by cake stuck in my head. Secondly at the place where Freddy works there is a picture of a kid holding a sign that says....parents killed by ninjas. Need money for karate lessons.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul .